Scrabble & Words with Friends Word Unscrambler
Definition of Amending
9 Definitions of Amending
The definition of amending, the meaning of word Amending
Is amending a scrabble word? Yes!
- n.- a small change, improvement, or addition that is made to a law or document, or the process of doing this
- n.- to do something to show you are sorry for hurting or upsetting someone, especially something that makes it better for them
- v.- to correct or make small changes to something that is written or spoken
- n.- a suggested change to US law, which was intended to give women the same legal rights as men. It was agreed by Congress, but not enough states agreed in time for it to become law
- -.- a part of the constitution of the united states which gives US citizens the right of freedom of speech, freedom of the pressnewspapers, radio, and television, freedom of religion, and freedom of assemblythe right of any group to meet together. Many cases concerning these rights have been taken to the supreme court, and people in the US usually have strong opinions about the questions involved in these cases.
- -.- a part of the constitution of the united states which gave former slaves the right to be US citizens. It gives all citizens the right to be protected by the law.
- -.- a part of the constitution of the united states which states that you do not have to give information in a court of law which could be used against you, and that you cannot be put in prison or have your property taken away without a proper legal trial
- -.- an addition to the US Constitution which ended slavery in the US. It was passed by Congress in 1865, after the Civil War.
0 Synonym of Amending
Amending is worth 12 points in Words with Friends and 16 points in Words with Friends
There are 8 letters in amending: A D E G I M N N