Scrabble & Words with Friends Word Unscrambler
Definition of Janes
10 Definitions of Janes
The definition of janes, the meaning of word
Is janes a scrabble word? Yes!
- -.- the main female character in the books and films about tarzan
- -.- (1921–2011) a US actress whose first film,The Outlaw (1943), made her into a sex symbolactress or model who is considered to be very sexually attractive. Her other films include The Paleface (1948) and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953).
- -.- (1775–1817) a British writer who wrote novels about the way of life of English middle-class people of her time, including pride and prejudice, sense and sensibility, andEmma. She is known for the clever and amusing way in which she describes people's social behaviour, and her novels are regarded as being among the most important works of English literature. Several of her books have been made into successful films.
- -.- (1950–) a US television presenter, known especially for her weekly series Dateline
- n.- used especially by the police to refer to a woman whose name is not known
- -.- ( 1847) a book by Charlotte brontë about a young woman called Jane Eyre who becomes a governess and agrees to marry her employer, Mr Rochester, not knowing that he already has a wife who is mentally ill and kept locked in the attica room under the roof of the house.Jane Eyre is still a very popular book and has been made into several films and plays.
- -.- (1954–) a New Zealand film director whose films includeThe Piano and The Portrait of a Lady. She won an Oscar award for the screenplay of The Piano.
- -.- (1937–) a US film actress, daughter of Henry Fonda, known for being sexually attractive and for her strong left-wing views. She became known as ‘Hanoi Jane' for protesting against US support of South Vietnam in the Vietnam War (Hanoi was the capital of North Vietnam). In the 1980s she made an extremely popular exercise video, called ‘Jane Fonda's Workout', which gave instructions on how to do aerobics. Her films includeBarbarella (1968),Julia (1977), andThe China Syndrome (1980). She won Oscars for the filmsKlute (1971) andComing Home (1978).
- -.- (1537–54) a woman who was queen of England for 9 days in 1553, before she was put in prison by Mary I, and later killed
- -.- two characters in simple US books used for teaching children to read. Dick and Jane are a boy and girl who have a dog called Spot. The books were popular in the 1950s and 1960s, but most people now think that they are too boring, and that they only represent white, middle-class Americans with traditional opinions about society.
0 Synonym of Janes
Janes is worth 12 points in Words with Friends and 15 points in Words with Friends
There are 5 letters in janes: A E J N S