Scrabble & Words with Friends Word Unscrambler
Definition of Oxfords
8 Definitions of Oxfords
The definition of oxfords, the meaning of word
Is oxfords a scrabble word? Yes!
- n.- a type of leather shoes that fasten with shoelaces
- -.- a city on the Rivers Thames and Cherwell in Oxfordshire, southern England. It has many beautiful old buildings and is famous for its university
- -.- one of the two oldest and most respected universities in the UK, established in the 13th century. The university is made up of about 35 separate colleges, where the students live and also receive some of their teaching
- n.- another name for the type of pronunciation of British English that is regarded as a standard. This type of pronunciation is sometimes called BBC English, but its correct name is RP ‘received pronunciation'.
- -.- one of the main streets of central London, famous for its shops and for being very busy
- -.- the place in central London where regent street and oxford street cross, and also the name of the underground station there. It is one of the busiest places in London, and is always full of people going shopping.
- -.- a religious movement within the church of england started in 1833 by Cardinal newman and other religious leaders at Oxford University. It tried to bring some of the practices and beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church back into the Church of England, and this led to the development of the high church and anglo-catholics.
- -.- a very large dictionary of English, started in the 1880s, which is known for its completeness and for its explanations of the origins of words and their history. It is available either as a book in several large volumes, or as a cd-rom.
1 Synonym of Oxfords
Oxfords is worth 18 points in Words with Friends and 18 points in Words with Friends
There are 7 letters in oxfords: D F O O R S X