Scrabble & Words with Friends Word Unscrambler
Definition of Surveys
8 Definitions of Surveys
The definition of surveys, the meaning of word Surveys
Is surveys a scrabble word? Yes!
- n.- a set of questions that you ask a large number of people in order to find out about their opinions or behaviour
- v.- to ask a large number of people questions in order to find out their attitudes or opinions
- n.- a university course that gives an introduction to a subject for people who have not studied it before
- -.- a study of the state of a particular market, showing competitors' sales, buyers' intentions etc
- -.- an examination of the condition of the CARGO (=goods carried by a ship) in order to decide how much money the insurer must pay when a CLAIM for loss or damage is made. The insurer asks a SURVEYOR to do the examination and produce a report based on it
- -.- an official organization which makes very detailed and correct maps of Britain and Ireland. The maps are used by people walking in the country, and each map has its own OS number.
- n.- a map which shows all the roads, paths, hills etc of an area in detail
- -.- a US government organization, part of the Department of the Interior, which makes detailed maps of the US and lists of minerals found in the US. In the UK there is a similar organization called the Ordnance Survey.
Surveys is worth 13 points in Words with Friends and 14 points in Words with Friends
There are 7 letters in surveys: E R S S U V Y